Thursday, February 4, 2021

I Told You To Go Outside In Vermont Today; Most Gorgeous Day Of The Winter

Trees dressed in snow and ice greeted me as I stepped out
my door this morning in St. Albans, Vermont. 
After we got some annoying bits of freezing drizzle out of the way early this morning, today turned absolutely gorgeous in Vermont.  

The ground was covered in a brilliant white snow. That freezing drizzle and fog over the past couple of days that mixed in with the snow dressed up the trees in their finest ice outfits. Temperatures were mild.  

There was nothing to hate. 

My day in St. Albans, Vermont was dominated by shoveling snow. That's not a complaint! 

 I actually enjoy slowly clearing out my long driveway. It's my winter exercise. And it gives me a sense of accomplishment

Of course the mild sunshine sent a roof full of snow and ice that had accumulated since early January sliding off my roof in one fell swoop. 

An avalanche of snow off my roof temporarily 
blocked access to my house....





This avalanche damaged a lilac tree - it will recover. And it temporarily blocked access to and from the house.  

But we all need a little drama in our lives, and that was my taste of it for today. 

This entire post is a photographic journey through my day.  It felt great. The air was clean, the white surroundings were brilliant.  

Winter is definitely not my favorite season. I'm a wuss when it comes to cold, ice and Arctic winds. 

Winter isn't all bad, of course. Today proved it.  


......but I quickly cleared a path 

Mission accomplished! The driveway is shoveled. 

Frost and ice decorates trees on a sunny late afternoon
Thursday in St. Albans, Vermont

Frosty trees on a road in St. Albans, Vermont Thursday. 

The sun getting ready to set Thursday with a very white
Mount Mansfield, Vermont in the distance





No comments:

Post a Comment