Sunday, December 20, 2020

Christmas Ad Depicts The Ultimate Hail Storm

Quite a hailstorm in this Burberry holiday ad.
 Over at my sister blog, Matt of All Trades, I highlighted the best of Christmas holiday ads of 2020, at least in my opinion.  

There was one other, from Burberry, which was sort of a Christmas ad, but it fits more here in this here weather blog thingy.

With an especially cheerful version of "Singing In The Rain" playing, a bunch of dancers bedecked in the finest Burberry coats,, dodge some of the biggest "hail" I've seen. 

The ad is just a concept, but my very literal side has me wondering what people are doing out there. That has to be the biggest hail I've ever seen on video. It could kill somebody! Even if it is more crumbly than "normal" hail I've seen in severe storm videos. 

The damage the Burberry hail would be causing must be immense. Everything is unharmed in the ad, but my gosh, those glass skyscrapers must be getting shattered. At least if this were real life. The roofs of those old buildings in the streetscape must be battered and broken, too. 

I'm sure those stylish Burberry coats are great protection from inclement weather, like London's famous drizzle and rain. But why is an apparent Oklahoma-style supercell dropping such incredible hail in England in December?

I'll invite any and all of my fellow met nerds to explain how the weather in this ad happened.

Here's the video, for what it's worse. Click on the YouTube logo to make it big enough to actually watch: 



No comments:

Post a Comment