Friday, July 2, 2021

My Idea Of A Perfect Vermont Summer Evening, On Video

Storm clouds gather near St. Albans, Vermont on the 
evening of June 30.  The storms led to the perfect
Vermont summer evening, at least in my opinion
As I've complained about ad nauseam, it's been an awfully dry year and summer around my place in northwestern Vermont.  

The humid heat that closed out the month of June was no picnic, either. 

On the evening of June 30, though, a band of downpours closed in on my home in St. Albans. 

It led to what I regard as the perfect summer evening. Dark, dramatic clouds gathered. Then a gust front of rain-cooled air quickly routed the heat. 

Shortly after that wind, a wonderful downpour arrived, and lingered for nearly an hour.  

The storm abruptly ended not long before sunset, leaving us to marvel at a great big rainbow, apparently admired by chirping birds. We even saw a spectacular sunset as a bonus. 

Next time you want to re-live a perfect summer evening, just call up this video I made, that you can see below. As usual, to best view it, click on the arrow in the middle and then click on the YouTube logo to watch.  Or, if you don't see a video on your device, just click on this hyperlink to view. 



No comments:

Post a Comment