Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Two New Videos: Summer To Winter In St. Albans, Vermont

In one of a series of daily photos I took in my St. Albans, Vermont
yard from early September to late November, fall foliage
was still remarkably pretty as late as November 1, when 
this photo was taken. 
I got a kick last spring documenting part of my yard as it transitioned from winter to summer in a series of photos taken every day from March to early June. Which I put on YouTube, of course. 

It was one tiny, itsy bitsy silver lining to the dark cloud of the Covid pandemic.  I was able to work from home and travel was risky, so it was easy to take the daily photos.  

The pandemic unfortunately continued on through this fall and early winter, so I decided to take the same idea and walk us daily from summer to winter. 

I went with two vantage points in my St. Albans, Vermont yard for this one, so two videos resulted. The photos run from September 1 through November 27 in both videos. 

As you can see in the two videos below, fall got off to a really slow start, and stayed behind schedule pretty much to the end. The foliage was still actually pretty in the final days of October and the first few days of November, something I've never seen living a lifetime in Vermont.

Fall beauty used to end a couple weeks earlier than that in Vermont. Climate change? Just an odd year? You tell me. 

You can also see how I slowly dismantle the perennial gardens for the winter, to get them ready for their Spring, 2022 glory. 

As usual, click on the arrow, then the YouTube logo for best viewing. Mobile users might not be able to click directly on the videos.

So for the first one, you can click on this hyperlink, or watch the first video. The second video is below the first in this post. 

And here's the second video, taken from a slightly different vantage point. You can see the privacy we enjoy in the summer, and how that partly disappears in the winter. Still nice, though. Click on this link if you can't see it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment