Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Video: April Heat Wave Pushes Spring Along - Fast!

Budding daffodils in St. Albans on April 13, the start of 
a record heat wave. Within two days, they were in full 
bloom as spring raced ahead in the warmth. 
 During the bout of record heat around my place in St. Albans, Vermont on April 13-16, I went out daily to document the jack rabbit fast progress of spring under those weather conditions.   

The change was dramatic, as you can see below in the videos I took during that spell of weather. I didn't necessarily shoot the same scenes each day. Some days I did, other days no. But you can see how the landscape changed.

Some of the trees ultimately leafed out by April 16, earlier than I've ever seen in Vermont before. And I've lived here all my life so far, 60 years to be exact

The video almost looks like four weeks went by instead of four days. 

Click on the image below to see the video. If you don't see the image, as some devices won't show it, click on this link to watch the video.  Talk about spring exploding in one fell swoop!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment